2015 Executive Committee Meeting
Date: February 20, 2015
Venue: Szentendre, Hungary (REC Head Office)
At this meeting, the Executive Committee had as its main goal to review and fine-tune the multi-annual work programme for 2014-2017, in particular the activities to be implemented in 2015. Discussions were also held on how to improve result sustainability. Among the main outputs and outcomes were:
- The Secretariat report regarding activities during the last quarter of 2014.
- The schedule for 2015.
- The validity and conclusions of the training needs assessment.
- The training plan for 2014-2015, with comments and suggestions.
- The regional players inventory, which will serve as a basis for seeking synergies at national and regional level. Participants also provided further information for its completion.
- The terms of reference for the creation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) to prevent, detect and investigate environmental crimes, with some reservations regarding the strict timeframe proposed. The timeframe is to be considered indicative.
- The Themis Network communication plan.
- Concrete proposals for the International Law Enforcement Coordination Units (ILECU) Network and the International Network for Environmental Compliance and Enforcement (INECE) on how they can contribute to the training plan for 2014-2015.
For further details please see the minutes of the meeting (downloadable from the link on the right).